Last Revised: November, 2020
Welcome, Please Read Carefully. Thank you for visiting the www.meego.us, a website owned and operated by Meego Inc (hereinafter referred to as “Meego”, “The Company”, “Us”, and “We”). We understand the need to be discreet about the use of your information which you provide to us in the course of navigation or use of our website which is critical to our business objectives and reputation that is our main reason to ensure that your experience online is satisfying and safe.
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for www.meego.us. It applies solely to information collected by this website, except where stated otherwise. It will notify you of the following:
- what information we collect when you’re using Meego website or social app, or when you’re communicating with us;
- why we collect that information;
- how we may then use that information;
- how we share that information;
- how long we keep your information, and how we protect it whilst we have it;
- what we won’t do with your information; and
- what choice and options you have to control your information.
INFORMATION COLLECTION, USE, AND SHARING
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We believe it’s important for you to know the types of information we collect when you use our site. The information includes your Email, Name, Financial/Billing info, Telephone Number, and Password and so on.
Finally, Meego collects information that falls under two general categories: Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Non-Personally Identifiable information (Non- PII). PII consists of any information which can be used to specifically identify you as an individual, whereas non-PII consists of aggregate information or any information that does not reveal your identity.
We collect or receive information about your interactions with www.meego.us. Registering with Meego is optional and we may collect information even if you do not register. Depending on how you use Meego’ Services, your Meego information may include:
- Registration-related information (such as name, addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, birth date, or gender);
- Information about the Meego Services that you use, how frequently you use them (such as your use of email or instant messenger); and
- Your responses to the offerings and advertisements presented on www.meego.us or other features made available by Meego, including those available on third party websites;
- Information about the searches you perform through www.meego.us and how you use the results of those searches;
- Transaction-related information (such as credit card or other preferred means of payment, billing or shipping information, or a history of products purchased or downloaded through a Meego property;
- Customer service information about you as Meego user;
- Location data and other information about devices used to access and interact with meego.us; or other information specifically related to your use of Services, including information that you publicly post using tools made available by Meego.
Your Meego information may be supplemented with additional information from other companies such as publicly available information, information about households, and other information which we may append or match to your www.meego.us information.
Meego may also receive or collect certain technical information when you use our Services. This may include: your browser or operating system, your manner of connecting to the Internet (including the type of device you are using) and the name of your Internet service provider or wireless carrier; your Internet protocol (IP) address; information about www.meego.us Services that you used prior to registering with www.meego.us; and data relating to malfunctions or problems occurring when you use Meego Services. Additionally, we may collect information about other software on your device for the limited purpose of protecting your security or improving your online experience.
We will use this information to comply with your request for information or as otherwise disclosed to you when you submit your information. From time to time, we may refer to that information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our services. We may use that information to contact you. We will not otherwise transfer the personal information you provide on the Site to any third party unless otherwise disclosed to you.
We, and/or our authorized Third Party Service Providers and Advertisers, may automatically collect this Non-Personally Identifiable information when you visit our Website through the use of electronic tools like Cookies and Web beacons or Pixel tags, as described below.
Web Beacons: “Web beacons” (also known as “clear gifs” and “pixel tags”) are small transparent graphic images that are often used in conjunction with cookies in order to further personalize our website for our users and to collect a limited set of information about our visitors. We may also use web beacons in email communications in order to understand the behavior of our customers. We do not link the web beacons to any PII.
Log Files: Any time you visit any of our websites, our servers automatically gather information from your browser (such as your IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks) to analyze trends, administer the site, prevent fraud, track visitor movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information. For example, we may log your IP address for system administration purposes. IP addresses are logged to track a user’s session. This gives us an idea of which parts of our site users are visiting. We do not share the log files externally. We also collect information about you when you register or subscribe to any of our services.
Others: Demographic Data, Online Survey Data, Information Regarding Your Friends, Public Forums etc. are still part of the information that we may collect and gather from you. In addition to some of the above stated uses, by using our site, you agree to allow us to anonymously use the information from you and your experiences to continue our research into successful relationships. This research, conducted by psychologists and behavior research scientists, may be published in academic journals. However, all of your responses will be kept anonymous, and no PII will be published.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g., to ship an order.
Generally, we may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To improve customer service
- Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To personalize user experience
- We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site
- We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To process transactions
- We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To administer a content, promotion, survey or other Site feature
- To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails
- The email address Users provide for order processing, will only be used to send them information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. Users may receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
DISCLOSURE AND EXTERNAL USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Service providers: We contract with other companies to provide services on our behalf, such as shipping orders, fulfilling certain orders, processing payments, hosting our Site and product review pages, sending out information or promotional offers, providing customer service and analyzing data from our Site. We provide these companies with only those elements of your personal information that they need to deliver those services. These companies and their employees are prohibited from using that personal information for any other purpose.
- Aggregate Data: We may share aggregated, non-personal data with service providers, advertisers or other existing or potential business partners to enable our users to receive targeted information (such as product recommendations) and/or discounts and to optimize third-party offers of products and/or services.
- Partner Programs: From time to time, we may partner with companies that are in conjunction with trusted store or similar programs, subscription services, rewards programs or other membership programs, they might require that we disclose purchasing or other personal information about their members who visit our Site (for example, to obtain purchase protection or to earn points or discounts for purchases made on our Site through links from the partner site). We will disclose your personal information to the partner companies when you consent to that disclosure, including consent implied by your agreement to the applicable membership or participation rules. And then we will disclose only the personal information required to make these programs work for you and support your membership in them.
- Acquisitions or divestitures: We may decide to sell, buy or merge our own or other businesses. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal and other information to prospective or actual purchasers, or receiving it from sellers. It is our practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions. In the event that we or all of our assets are acquired in such a transaction, customer information would be one of the transferred assets.
DISCLOSURE OF NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We may disclose or share Non-Personally Identifiable Information with Partners, Affiliates and Advertisers. For example, we may share aggregated demographic information (which does not include any Personally Identifiable Information) with “Third Party Advertisers” or “Third Party Advertising Companies” and other parties as provided below: We use Third Party Advertising Companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use Non-Personally Identifiable Information about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide, through the use of network tags, advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. We also use Third Party Service Providers to track and analyze Non-Personally Identifiable usage and volume statistical information from our Users to administer our Website and constantly improve its quality. We may also publish this information for promotional purposes or as a representative audience for Advertisers. Please note that this is not Personally Identifiable Information, only general summaries of the activities of our Users. Such data is collected on our behalf, and is owned and used by us.
YOUR ACCESS TO AND CONTROL OVER INFORMATION
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number provided on the contact section on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
We may provide Non-Personal Data to third parties and websites, where such information is combined with similar information of other users of our website. Although, www.meego.us may contain links to many other sites as part of our effort to provide a service to our users. Meego do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are and will not be responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to, or from our Site.
The third parties to whom we may provide this information may include commercial partners, sponsors, licensees, researchers and other similar parties. Note: These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Therefore, we encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Site and to familiarize themselves with the privacy statements of every website that collects personal information.
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for https at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (e.g., billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we employ commercially reasonable security measures to protect data and seek to partner with companies which do the same, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from the Website, and are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such information.
We agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
If Users decide to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. By using any of our services or products, you are also automatically signed up on our mailing list. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
UPDATING AND CORRECTING INFORMATION
We believe that you should have the ability to access and edit the Personally Identifiable Information you provide us. You may change any of your Personally Identifiable Information by logging into your user account created on www.meego.us and update your profile details sent to us.
We encourage you to promptly update your Personally Identifiable Information if it changes. In addition, in may be impossible for us to completely delete all of your information because we periodically backup information.
Minors under the age of 18 may not use the Website. We do not collect or maintain information from anyone known to be under the age of 18, and no part of the Website is designed not to attract anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, you may use www.meego.us only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
This in line with The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
CAN SPAM ACT
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
- NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
Because many users tend to use our service at different points, we retain your personal information for continued service and convenience purposes until you advise us not to do so. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may retain personal information in order to comply with applicable laws, keep accurate records, resolve disputes, prevent fraud, enforce our Terms and Conditions of Service or other agreements, or for any other legally permissible purpose.
ACCEPTANCE OF PRIVACY STATEMENT
Once again, your use of our website(s), including any dispute concerning privacy, is subject to this privacy statement and the applicable Terms and Conditions of Service. BY USING OUR WEBSITE, YOU ARE ACCEPTING THE PRACTICES SET OUT IN THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT AND THE APPLICABLE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE.
Your continued use of any portion of our website following posting of the updated privacy statement will constitute your acceptance of the changes.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
- “Data Protection Legislation” means European Directives 95/46/EC and 2002/58/EC, and any legislation and/or regulation implementing or made pursuant to them, or which amends or replaces any of them (including the General Data Protection Regulation, Regulation (EU) 2016/679);
- “Data Processor”, “Data Subject”, “Processor”, “Processing”, “Subprocessor”, and “Supervisory Authority” shall be interpreted in accordance with applicable Data Protection Legislation;
- “Personal Data” as used in this Addendum means information relating to an identifiable or identified Data Subject who visits or engages in transactions through your website store (a “Customer”), which Meego Processes as a Data Processor in the course of providing you with the Services. Notwithstanding the foregoing sentence, Personal Data does not include information that Meego processes in the context of services that it provides directly to a consumer, such as through its consumer-facing applications or its consumer-facing services; and
- All other capitalized terms in this Addendum shall have the same definition as in the Agreement.
- Where a Data Subject is located in the European Economic Area, that Data Subject’s Personal Data will be processed by United States based servers.
- When Meego Processes Personal Data in the course of providing the Services, Meego will:
- Process the Personal Data as a Data Processor, only for the purpose of providing the Services in accordance with documented instructions from you (provided that such instructions are commensurate with the functionalities of the Services), and as may subsequently be agreed to by you. If Meego is required by law to Process the Personal Data for any other purpose, Meego will provide you with prior notice of this requirement, unless Meego is prohibited by law from providing such notice;
- notify you if, in Meego’ opinion, your instruction for the processing of Personal Data infringes applicable Data Protection Legislation;
- notify you promptly, to the extent permitted by law, upon receiving an inquiry or complaint from a Data Subject or Supervisory Authority relating to Meego’ Processing of the Personal Data;
- implement and maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the Personal Data against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction, damage, theft, alteration or disclosure. These measures shall be appropriate to the harm which might result from any unauthorized or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction, damage or theft of Personal Data and appropriate to the nature of the Personal Data which is to be protected;
- provide you, upon request, with up-to-date attestations, reports or extracts thereof where available from a source charged with auditing Meego’ data protection practices (e.g. external auditors, internalaudit, data protection auditors), or suitable certifications, to enable you to assess compliance with the terms of this Addendum;
- notify you promptly upon becoming aware of and confirming any accidental, unauthorized, or unlawful processing of, disclosure of, or access to the Personal Data;
- ensure that its personnel who access the Personal Data are subject to confidentiality obligations that restrict their ability to disclose the Customer Personal Data; and
- upon termination of the Agreement, Meego will promptly initiate its purge process to delete or anonymize the Personal Data. If you request a copy of such Personal Data within 60 days of termination, Meego will provide you with a copy of such Personal Data.
- In the course of providing the Services, you acknowledge and agree that Meego may use Subprocessors to Process the Personal Data. Meego’ use of any specific Subprocessor to process the Personal Data must be in compliance with Data Protection Legislation and must be governed by a contract between Meego and Subprocessor.
GROUNDS FOR PROCESSING
When we collect from you any personal information within the scope of European data protection laws, we do so (a.) with your consent; (b.) where necessary to provide the Service, fulfill a transaction or otherwise perform a contract with you or at your request prior to entering into a contract; (c.) where necessary for our compliance with a legal obligation; (d.) where necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest; and/or (e.) as necessary to fulfill our legitimate interests as described below, except where our interests are overridden by your privacy rights. Where we rely on your consent to process personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object.
Our legitimate interests are: to deliver our products to our customers and their end users; to detect or prevent fraud; to protect the security of our systems, customers and users; to further develop our products; to conduct direct marketing; to operate our business (by processing payments/invoices and conduct credit checks on customers, suppliers and leads, perform sales and customer relations management, supplier management, as well as incidental processing in our back office for these purposes); to enable our customers to comply with legal obligations; to provide customer service or support; or fulfil our other legitimate interests as described above.
You have the right under European and certain other privacy and data protection laws to request free of charge:
- access to and correction or deletion of your personal information,
- that we cease or limit our processing of your personal information,
- a copy of your personal information (right to data portability), and to
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at the address set out below. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable laws. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to verify your identity.
Data Protection Officer
Meego is in the process of appointing a designated Data Protection Officers who can be reached at:
145 E. Durate Rd. Suite AA 408,
Arcadia, CA 91006, United States
Customer Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Distributor Support: email@example.com
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information but you may also lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in the applicable jurisdiction.