Meego Inc warrants that all new Meego E-Bicycles and main components therein sold are warranted to the original purchaser against manufacturing defects in materials and/or workmanship for a period of 14 days from the date of original purchase. Warranties must be filled out no later than 14 days from the date of purchase, or the warranty may be void. Meego also warrants that e-Bikes purchased from an authorized dealer in the United States and registered with Meego Inc will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the period of time stated below, subject to certain limitations.
The drive unit (including the motor assembly, housing cover, internal gears, motor control unit assembly, drive axle assembly, and torque sensor assembly), battery, rigid frame, and rigid front fork will be warranted for a period of one year from the Date of Purchase, subject to exclusions noted herein. All other Meego e-bike components, unless expressly excluded hereunder, will be warranted against defects in material or workmanship, for a period of one year from the Date of Purchase, subject to exclusions noted herein. Replacement parts used in warranty repairs will be warranted for the balance of the applicable warranty period.
If a component is defective or damaged we will issue a replacement part free of charge. We will also replace any parts that have been damaged from shipping your order to you. We do not cover rider wear and tear that arises through usage during the warranty. The e-Bike battery warranty does not include damage that arises from improper usage, power surges, use of improper charger, water damage, improper maintenance or other such misuse.
It is expressly agreed that this warranty applies only to the cost of repair or replacement of the product and its accessories and Meego is not liable for any financial loss and/or prevention of profit and/or any consequential loss that may be caused by non-standard usage of the product. We hereby inform the buyer that Meego is not responsible for any liability that may occur which could possibly apply to the product and/or its user due to the usage of the product and that the customer alone is solely responsible for third party insurance and/or other insurance as required by the nature of the particular product. Meego is not responsible for any possible damage including bodily harm and damage to property. The warranty does not apply if any part of the product is damaged as a result of negligence, an accident, or inadequate maintenance. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
Note that Paint Limited Warranty DOES NOT cover:
- Normal Wear and Tear: Damage from abuse, neglect, misuse, or accident – Improper assembly and/or follow-up maintenance – Damage from stunt riding, jumping, acrobatics, or similar activities or any activity that is not consistent with the intended use of the bicycle.
- All warranties are void if the Bicycle is used for any purpose other than the reasonable intended use of the Bicycle. Additionally, this warranty does not cover damage associated with commercial use.
This warranty does not apply to the tire, spokes, brakes, rims, and other mechanical components of the bicycle.
OBTAINING REPAIRS UNDER WARRANTY
During the period of warranty, Meego will, free of charge, repair or replace, at Meego’s option, any parts determined defective by Meego due to faulty workmanship or material from the factory.
PROOF OF PURCHASE REQUIRED
All e-Bike warranty claims must be made directly to Meego Inc, and we will require a proof of purchase. Email or call us with your order number, or name, or email address used on the order and we’ll locate your order and confirm you are within the warranty time window.
The owner is responsible for ensuring that the e-bike is properly operated, maintained and stored as specified in the Owner’s Manual. The purchaser of the e-bike should notify Meego of any and all apparent defects within ten (10) days of discovery and make the bicycle available at that time for inspection and repairs at Meego’s place of business.
This warranty will not cover the repair of damage if the damage is a result of abuse or neglect of the product. Examples of abuse and neglect include, but are not limited to:
- Racing or competition use, modification of original parts, abnormal strain.
- Lack of proper maintenance as described in the Owner’s Manual, installation of parts or accessories that are not equivalent in design and quality to genuine Meego parts.
- Use of lubricants that are not suitable for e-bikes.
- Damage as a result of accidents, collisions, road hazards, or operation on surfaces, such as stairs, not intended for conventional bicycle use; damage from external factors such as salt air or saltwater, bird droppings, or chemicals.
- Commercial applications, such as transporting cargo, delivering newspapers, and bicycle rentals.
- Temporary decrease in power or distance that can be traveled on a single battery charge, as described in the Owner’s Manual, due to operating conditions such as ambient temperatures, load, inclines, frequent starting and stopping, and normal system-protection functions, as well as temperature-related performance of the battery charger.
- Normal deterioration, including the gradual decrease of battery capacity over the one year warranty period as long as the battery capacity is still 50% or more of the initial capacity before the warranty expiration and the total number of battery charging cycles is 700 or less. Other normal deterioration includes natural fading of painted or plated surfaces, and cosmetic ozone or weather cracking in tires.
TERMS OF WARRANTY
This e-Bike warranty only applies to the original owner of a Meego e-bikes. The replacement of defective parts under warranty is at the sole discretion of Meego-Bikes. This warranty does not cover damage or defects resulting from the following, including but not limited to:
- Failure to follow proper e-Bike assembly and other instructions provided in the owner’s manual
- The use of a Meego e-Bike with aftermarket parts or accessories parts or accessories
- The use of other battery chargers
- Electric bike misuse or abuse
- e-Bike neglect or stunt riding
- Water damage
- Electric bicycle modifications or alterations
- e-Bike accidents and operator error
- Excessive wear and tear
- Improper e-Bike maintenance
- Acts of God
In certain, extreme instances an entire replacement e-bike may be sent as a remedy to an e-Bike warranty claim. In these cases, the original e-bike may have to be returned to Meego for a look before a replacement e-Bike can be sent out. A new bike will not always be sent, if repairs can be made and the same bike can be returned to the purchaser, this will be the course of action that Meego Inc will follow.
THE WARRANTY PROCESS
Prior to the warranty claim step, it’s best to first contact us about the issue. Sometimes we can access the problem via email or over the phone. You can contact our customer support at email@example.com or call us at + 1-785-383-6199
To initiate a warranty claim, first send us photographic or video evidence of the damaged part. We will assess from there and either replace parts as needed, or make an offer a comparable remedy to the e-Bike warranty owner. We will not replace any part that has been damaged by the user. We will not pay for any third party service or part replacement unless agreed upon prior to the e-Bike repair. We will provide only the original purchaser with a replacement product if the affected product can’t be repaired after a reasonable number of attempts as determined by Meego Inc.
Please let us arrange any return shipping on warranty claims, because if you set up your own shipping option or if the bike is shipped using a freight forwarder or similar service, Meego Bikes will not cover any damage that occurs during shipping, nor the charges of the shipping.
Transfer of the warranty from the original purchaser to any subsequent purchaser is possible by having the Bicycle inspected by Meego and requesting the purchaser to submit a change of registration to Meego Inc. within ten (10) days of the transfer.
Endeavour to contact us before making your final decisions.